Beards are the natural hairs that grow on jaws, upper lips, and cheeks—a beard’s abstract thigh point that defines a man’s personality. Beards are a symbol of pride for men and an effective way to add style to your personality. A well-defined beard highlights your cheekbones and neck bones, making you look more attractive. Being a boy, whether you trim for the first time or you have been grooming your beards for ages, you can have grooming mistakes, and there is nothing more painful than this.
Grooming is an essential and non-negligent part of men’s lifestyle. It is challenging to maintain a daily beard routine in our fast-running life. Trimming should be once a week part of the beard routine. Washing and moisturizing them is a daily task to maintain a healthy and hygienic beard.
Trimming tips for beginners
Settle your beards: give a proper wash to your beards using a beard shampoo followed by conditioner. As beards are obviously thicker as comparatively, and conditioning makes it soft hence trimming becomes easy.
- Complete trimming: always start with a more oversized guard first to make your beards uniform trim all around. Once you give a constant trimming to your beard, follow it up with a more undersized guard to get perfect beards.
- Specifying neckline: not everyone is lucky enough to get a perfect natural neckline and cheek lines. If you trim your beards properly, highlighting your cheek lines is no big task for you. You can always keep a reference image if you are not confident about the trim. You can use razors for the step as well.
- The final touch: after trimming beards, the next is your mustaches; mustaches are an easy trim always. You can use a trimmer if planning for a complete trim; else, you can use scissors for shaping it all.
If you have heavy beards and you don’t want a clean trim, you need to use scissors to give the required shape to your beard.
After you complete your trimming process, rewash them to avoid clippings. Then apply aftershave or beard oil of your choice.
How to fix mistakes of beard trimming
For freshers, it is essential to shave their beards perfectly as disaster beards trimming is more like a sparkling siren on your face. We get extra conscious while we look at our beards, but the matter of fact is nobody notices your beard as close as you do. Most often, you tend to trim a part of your beard and the neckline a bit high. The super-easy thing to do at that moment is to let your beards grow naturally, do not disturb them again and again to get a perfect finish.
Do not decide things instantly in a panicked way even if you have mistaken trimming, which is noticeable. Total trim is not the only out of this. Without being desperate, take this as an opportunity to experiment with a different look. We agree that nobody likes to mess up with their standard way of styling, but experimenting is a far better choice to make up for your mistake in a style statement for you.
Steps to recover your mistake:
- Do not panic, and do not even touch your trimming products in a decisive mood.
- Take a deep gasp, then observe your beard.
- Think about what can be done to them. Do a virtual search as per your beard.
- Then start with trimming again.
- Focus on everything that gives you a uniform beard look.
Once you have completed the recreation of your look, take a little rest, then after some time, reassess your beard and accept the experimented look correctly.
This is not a thing to say but, the best results come with the best tool usage. Do not get messed up with your mistakes. This is every man’s story; all of us have a horror story relating to this.
- Comb/ brush to unbraid your beards.
- High-quality trimmers for perfect trims.
- Scissors for enhancing your looks.
- Beard oil/ aftershave lotions for keeping your beards moisturized.
Trimming your beards with scissors at home
How to trim beard with scissors? Before starting, you must have an unmistakable style of beards you want for yourself. Have a check on basic things you need for trimming—a pair of scissors, a beard comb, and a razor or trimmer.
Steps for trimming your beards with scissors:
do have a quick shower before you trim your beards as the shower relaxes your beards, making it easier for you to trim. Use a
- beard wash to clean your beards
- Start with combing your hair once you get smooth and unbraided beards, and start searching your beard in a downward direction.
- Start from the bottom, as the hairs on the underside differ in length, use scissors to trim out the wild inches from the neckline.
- After trimming the bottom part, start defining the neckline. Make sure you do not cut your neckline hairs too high.
- Clean the wild hairs from the sides; the next step after your neckline is to closely observe the rough inches on the sides and trim them according to your desired look.
- After trimming your beards, here comes the turn of your mustaches; use scissors to cut your mustaches to the desired length.
- Voila! You are all done. Just follow it up with a moisturizer for your beard. And you are ready to rock your style.
Conclusion: beard styling is essential for men, and mistakes in grooming can get you in trouble. It is necessary to be attentive when trimming up your beard. Have a proper time gap in between trimming as over-trimming not only lets your beards down but also disturbs your way of styling your beard.
It is best to always prefer 3-4mm of length for your beard as this length of the beard is easy to maintain and voids further curvy beards.