Nail enhancement techniques and nail art have probably been mentioned to you before. The brittle and short nails of ladies who use these will be saved. Using nail enhancements allows your nails to grow longer, stronger, and more attractive. Users often become confused between nail forms and nail tips when performing nail enhancement treatments.
Even as a beauty lover, you should be aware of the difference between nail forms and nail tips, whether you aspire to become a nail technician and look for nail salon schools in India or not.
Let’s start with nail forms.
Fake nails are made from plastic and are attached to regular nails to give them a longer appearance. They come in many different shapes and lengths. Depending on which one you use, you will either have a full coverage of the nail plate or a partial cover. A layer of nail enhancement liquid is applied over it to give it more thickness. We teach you all the precautions you need to take while doing nail extensions at Nail art technician academy, which is staffed by industry professionals.
Also Read fashion tips here : Latest fashion tips
What are the benefits of applying natural nail tips over artificial nails?
- Selecting the right nail tips is the first step. Different types of nail tips exist, including those with full wells, partial wells, and well-less tips.
- It is important to select the nail tips that will fit nicely over the natural nails without harming them. The nail tip can also fall off if not done properly, damaging your natural nail.
- Nail technicians perform this process by thinnining, buffing, and shaping the nail tip. By buffing and thinnining, the nail tip gains flexibility. Glue is applied to natural nails after the nail tips have been sized.
- It is then primed with nail primer after it is glued and buffed. A brush is used to apply the acrylic nail enhancement evenly over the nail after primer has been applied. After smoothing the nail extension with a nail grinder, the technician prepares it to be painted.
Types of Nail tips
Acryliconitrile butadiene styrene monomers (ABS) are commonly used as nail tips. ABS is a durable, flexible material that can be molded into a smooth, nonyellowing surface. It’s best to purchase tips made from virgin plastic, which does not contain recycled material when it’s re-melted and re-used, because re-melting and re-using recycled plastic can cause quality issues, such as cracking. There can be various benefits to well-less, full, and half-well, depending on the technology used:
There is no blending required and well-less tips can be applied anywhere on the nail plate and creating an enhancement with a smile line is no problem because they can be applied anywhere on the nail plate.
It can be seen that full-well tips offer the best grip since they have the largest contact point. Because the well can cover up to half of the natural nail plate, the large surface area will be suitable for most clients, but it is especially useful for camouflaging bitten nails and other imperfections. A coloured product is best applied to full-well tips since they require the most blending.
The half-well tips cover less nail surface, so blending and applying them is easier.
Forms for Nails
A nail form is basically a sticker that is used to support or base acrylic nail extensions. They are available in two shape options – horseshoe and CND performance. You can choose between reusable and disposable products. You should use disposable products for hygiene reasons.Metal remains the dominant material for reusable nail forms, but foil, paper, and plastic is used for disposable nail forms.
Natural nail shapes
Depending on the client, their nails may have a natural C-curve. When fitting tips, this deep curve may be problematic. It is common to select a tip too narrow for the nail because average tips do not fit tightly into nail grooves and will leave a gap at the contact point.
The tip should have a C-curve that is closest to the natural C-curve of the client’s nail plate. If you want a deeper C-curve in the area of the smile line, you can file it into the nail tip. In addition to being more flexible as a result of ultra-thin tip filing, the curved tip can also be shaped more easily as well.
A flexible well is necessary for fitting flat nails. As you may have seen on nail forms, this can be achieved by cutting a tiny V in the tip. Additionally, a file can be used to remove the corners on naturally deep C-Curve tips to make them flatter.
It is beneficial to have several different options in your kit and know how to tailor these to suit different nails, even if having a huge variety of tips is not always practical.
What Is the Best Way to Apply Nail Forms?
- Make sure that the holder is tightly wrapped around the finger to prevent slipping under the long natural nails. You can ruin the whole process by making a mistake here, which can result in gaps around your nails.
- It is essential to blend the nail form seam perfectly when applying acrylic nail enhancement.
- Then, you can apply acrylic nail enhancement to the blended nail and nail form. Using a brush will make the application smoother. Once the nail surface is ready to receive nail paint, it can be prepared with a nail grinder and buffed.
So which one is better?
- One of the biggest differences between a nail tip and a nail form is that the nail tip stays intact even after the process is completed, while nail forms only serve as aids in nail extension, but are later removed.
- You can clearly see that nail forms give you lighter (less heavy) nail extensions compared to nail tips. Nail tips are not necessarily a bad choice if they are applied correctly.
- No matter what kind of nails you have, you can apply nail tips to them even if you do not have extra grownatural nails. Nail forms, however, require you to grow natural nails a little for support, and only then can they be used effectively.
- Nail tips are more practical, but may not appear as natural.
Hopefully, now you know the difference between the two and what is expected of you as a nail technician. As an individual, this can be helpful to decide what is most suitable for you. Visit Orane international academy and speak with a coach if you are interested in becoming a nail technician.